Everyone wants a home where they feel safe. Installing a home security alarm will reduce your chances of becoming a victim. There are many good features that a home alarm system offers such as loud audible sound, window and door sensors. You should have your alarm system wired directly to your local law enforcement office. Not all communities have this capability. Check with your local law enforcement office to find out about their policies regarding home alarms. Some cities charge an alarm fee Read the rest of this entry »
Crime happens everywhere in the world. To reduce your risk of becoming a crime statistic, there are a few safety tips you can follow to improve your safety. Don’t go out alone late at night. This is one of the best tips to follow. Research suggest that there are simply more crimes committed after dark. If you are alone, then you can quickly become an easy target.
If your car breaks down late at night, then you are Read the rest of this entry »
Understanding the different kinds of risky behavior can help you avoid making these mistakes down the road. Listed below are just a few things lots of homeowners do – unconsciously or otherwise – that would be deemed risky with potentially disastrous consequences:
1. Leaving Boxes Out Next to the Trash Can – When you unbox the exercise equipment or the expensive computer you bought, you normally don’t think much of what’s left. The box is trash, right? Unfortunately, people will leave the box out on the side of the road on garbage night and that’s a really bad call. Why? Well, you have a box pretty much telling burglars what’s inside worth stealing.
2. “Cleverly” Hiding Keys in a Fake Rock – The word “cleverly” is in quotes because while people think they are being clever, they are playing right into an intruder’s hands. Intruders know the tricks and if they want to find a way into your home, they are going to check all the usual places – atop the doorframe, under the mat, under the flower pot, in a fake rock, etc.
3. Leaving the Blinds Up After Hours – When it gets into the later hours, you really should draw the blinds closed. Otherwise, you’re just inviting criminals to look inside and scope out the place.
Avoiding these behaviors would make the home much safer. And, if you still don’t feel quite as safe, it might be time to invest in a home security system. There are tons of sites out there like tophomealarms.com to help you find what you need.
Protecting yourself when away from your home at night or during the day is important for the safety of you and young children or other friends. One way you can protect yourself is to use mace pepper spray.
The most common place where young women are likely to be the subject of an attacker are in a parking lot. Most women do not take the time to learn self defense or have any type of self defense product that can be used in a bad situation.
Spraying mace in the eyes of an attacker will Read the rest of this entry »
Property crimes are more common than violent crimes. Homeowners who work during the day are particularly susceptible to burglary. There are several ways that homeowners make themselves good burglary targets.
1. Leaving blinds open so potential thieves can see inside your home.
2. Having an obvious pattern. Burglars who watch neighborhoods choose the homeowner who they know will be away at a particular time.
3. Leaving boxes and other packaging intact and at the curb on trash collection day.
4. Not purchasing an alarm system. Homeowners who trust their locks to Read the rest of this entry »
Many neighborhoods have been experiencing a spike in the amount of break-ins that have been occurring. This has caused a great deal of concern for the residents of the surrounding areas. Break-ins are something that cannot be prevented. Even if one invests in a home security system, there are still ways that thieves can get what they want. Having something of value stolen is a very aggravating scenario to be in. When something is stolen from you, there is nothing that you can do to Read the rest of this entry »
It is more important today than ever to be able to defend yourself in the case of an attack. People are robbed everyday who might have been able to get away if they had some kind of weapon. You can go out with more confidence if you are carrying a personal defense device that may just save your life. Some of the most popular handheld self-defense weapons include stun guns in the form of a key chain, flash light, or Read the rest of this entry »
Regardless of where you live, work, or play, there is always a need to keep an eye out for any unsafe situation. Below are some tips for keeping you safe at home, work, or play.
1. Be aware of your surroundings. Keep your eyes moving.
2. Lock doors to your home, car, or office.
3. Travel in packs; there truly is safety in numbers.
4. Use all your senses to determine if a situation is safe. If something doesn’t sound, look, or smell right, it probably is not.
5. Avoid walking alone at night.
6. Tell someone where you’re going & when you expect to return.
7. Do Read the rest of this entry »